The next three months course starts in the Spring of 2020.
Through psychoeducation and personalized individual support, you will develop a sophisticated toolbox around relating to body, mind, feeling, and consciousness that you can use for the rest of your life to discover and maintain a balanced nervous system.
- Lecture: every week you will engage in a live group call with Dr. Moenter to learn about a specific FND related topic, and ask topic related questions. The group call happens through zoom, a video conferencing platform wich will be available to you at now cost.
- Group Chat: Chat is open for 30-minutes before class start time. It’s a great place to connect with other students and learn from the experiences of one another. Participation in chat is optional yet highly encouraged.
- Meditations: Each week you will receive a new meditation specifically designed and recorded by us to help you feel more grounded, in your body, and resourced.
- Study Material: Handouts and homework sheets (mindful check-ins) are provided every week for you to download and print.
- Private Online Journal: this forum is for current students only. We offer weekly office hours for:
– Q&A Thread: Post your questions that come up with the material and we will offer insight and support.
– Homework Thread: Post your assignment each week, discuss your skills use, and engage with other students.
This course is not a substitute for psychotherapy or medical care and we highly recommend that you are under the care of a trained and licensed mental health professional while participating in this course, to work with any challenging emotions or experiences that might arise. FNDcourage is based in the principles and clinical application of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy®.
“I believe that no one needs to be alone (confused, isolated, hopeless) in this frightening experience of FNS and everyone has the ability to walk through and away from the reality of having seizures when educated and equipped with proper tools.” Afra Moenter, Ph.D.